I just returned to Canberra from the amazing The 2012 AIPP Nikon Event. The third year it’s been run, it’s a continuing professional development activity that can rack up enough points alone to cover the CPD annual requirement held by the Australian Institute of Professional Photography. It’s a full, 4 day program with 28 speakers, 13 workshops and 4 awesome evening events. My brain is full right now, and it’s all good stuff that I can immediately put to use in my photography business and practice. For any photographers that wonder about whether or not it’s worthwhile to go to the Nikon Event, here’s a few reasons:
1. Business – business, marketing and studio management.
2. Educational – workflow in Capture One and understanding the elements of Fusion photography.
3. Inspirational – creatively amazing work that people are doing and making a living doing it.
4. Technical – workshops ranging from time lapse to audio to studio lighting on location.
5. Networking – meet professional photographers from around Australia that carry your same passion for photography and for delivering great product to clients.
Names included James Nachtwey,Vincent Laforet, Jen & Steve Bebb, Steve Parish, Alexia Sinclair, Tim Bauer, just to name a few. Flick over to their websites, Google their names and you’ll see what I’m on about. If you didn’t go this year, my advice? Invest the cash and I’ll see you in Hobart in June 2013.