Have you bought a new digital SLR camera, become overwhelmed by all the buttons, switched to auto, then felt frustrated when your pictures weren’t working? You wouldn’t buy a manual car and then try to drive it in auto, so why do that with your manual dSLR camera?
The Camera Confidence Workshop is a hands-on, 2 hours, online workshop designed to get you across the photography fundamentals, orientated with your dSLR camera in manual mode and setting up your camera correctly, every time you shoot using the 7 Step Shoot Flow.
- The free on Manual Camera Guide is the bedrock.
- You learn how to set up your camera correctly in manual mode.
- We begin with ISO, aperture and shutter speed.
- How to control them on your camera.
- How to get them working together.
- We learn to capture technically correct exposures.
- We learn how to check for errors and make corrections.
- Altogether, it becomes your 7 Step Shoot Flow.
Who’s it for? If you …
- have a digital SLR camera (or mirrorless) that has full manual mode
- are currently using semi or full auto modes
- would like to get your head around manual shooting
- consider yourself a beginner or enthusiast photographer
The workshop was professionally videoed, capturing the real-life experience and meets the strict Udemy course requirements.
Sign up for free to Udemy and purchase the workshop.
Then log in anytime to watch it as many times as you want, forever.
Yes, lifetime access! Love that – and the 30 days money back guarantee.
What do you need?
- Your DSLR camera with fully charged battery
- Empty memory card
- Your camera’s manual to help you find the buttons
- Your questions and passion for photography
- Notepad and pen can be handy as we cover a lot of info
- The free on Manual Camera Guide handy (screen or print)
Who is Beth exactly?
- This workshop ran face to face for five years.
- Lead over 5000 enthusiast photographers in Melbourne and Berlin.
- A supportive teacher with a conversational delivery style.
- Author Memories at your fingertips-organise your digital photos like a pro.
- Graduate BA (Commercial Art) Photography degree from RMIT.
- A practising professional real-life photographer with 15 years experience.
- An award winning member of the AIPP and exhibited internationally.
- Editor Better Photography Magazine
- AIPP Grand Master of Photography
- Fellow & Honorary Fellow of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography
- Fellow & Honorary Fellow of New Zealand Institute of Professional Photography
‘I’ve had a quick run through Beth’s course and think it’s a great starting point for people wanting to understand their cameras better. Sometimes at my workshops, I meet people who take great photos but don’t really know how it all happened.
Beth’s course will provide the essential building blocks you need so that you don’t take the occasional winner, but lots of them!’
Some past participants:
What happens after the workshop
The workshop is comprehensive and hands-on, and you can pause it as much as you need as you’re going through.
The time for practice comes afterwards:
- Download the On Manual Camera Guide and do the exercises at the back.
- Practice your Shoot Flow whilst sparking creativity in the Creative Camera eCourse.
Ready to start learning?
Return to Your Camera.