Mother’s Day is around the corner, and I’ve been mulling over what to give my own mum. So that lead me to think, you must be thinking the same thing!
Here’s three great photo gift ideas for Mother’s Day, with different price points depending on your budget:
Make an Instagram Photo Book – the kids will love to make this sneaky little gem with Dad:
1. Tip – get Mum’s username and password for her Instagram account first.
2. Go to Blurb and hit ‘Get Started.’
3. Blurb will ask you for her Instagram login details.
4. Create a title and enter her name as the author.
4. Select a range of 60 favourites.
5. Check the front and back covers, spine and image order
5. Preview to check.
6. Pay and add postage – and that little puppy will be delivered to your door asap (7-11 business days).
‘On Manual’ Workshops – Melbourne and Canberra dates announced.
There are lots of mums out there taking the big bad step into digital SLR shooting. Often these cameras make it out of the box, and are left of some auto setting. Too dark, too light, blinks and blurs all seem to make it to the computer creating a big bad photo mess. Why not help her get more out of her picture making in the first place, by booking her a place in one of my upcoming two hour camera workshops in June? All the dates and booking info are here.
Your Family Story – spend some time together, and have the magic captured.
Often times our mums are busy taking the pictures, so she’s never actually in them. Splash out, spend some quality time with your mum, and let me come and be a part of it for an hour. You get five high resolution images on DVD to print, share and display to your heart’s content. You also get $100 credit towards additional product if you want to go a step further. My Melbourne and Canberra dates are here. Bookings for Your Family Story can be made here.
Mums love photos of their loved ones. Mother’s Day is the perfect excuse to update your family photography. I hope my ideas help spur you into action to create a gorgeous gift for Mother’s Day this year.